AftercareHow should I be careful with my eyelash extensions?
Please follow these guidelines to help keep your eyelash extensions looking beautiful.
- For the first 6 hours avoid getting the lashes wet to allow the glue to completely dry
- Do not use a steam room or sauna for the first 48 hours to allow glue to cure
- Be gentle. Avoid rubbing your eyes, do not pick and play with your lashes. (Resist the temptation to touch or pull at your extensions as this will pull out your own natural lashes). The golden rule is: look but don’t touch.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes roughly when cleaning your face and avoid running water directly on your lashes.
- When drying your face blot your face and apply gentle pressure to your closed eyes, then allow the extensions to dry naturally. Don't dry them with the towel or hair dryer.
- Do not use an eyelash curler on the lash extensions or try to perm or tint them. This will break the bond on the extensions and might damage your natural lashes.
- Avoid wearing mascara as this will lessen the life of your extensions. If you must wear mascara, only use water-based mascara, please do not use waterproof or oil-based mascara as removing this is difficult to do without damaging your natural eyelashes.
- Do not use eye make-up remover that contains any type of oil products such as petroleum. Be very careful when removing makeup in the eye area. Gently go over the eye area, sweep up and away from the lash extensions.
- Do not use oil-based products (oil-based eye makeup, makeup remover, moisturizer, cleanser, sunscreen) on or near your lashes. Use products of non-oily, non-creamy formulas to remove eye makeup. Oil-based makeup products will dissolve the adhesive on the eyelash extensions and will cause your extensions to fall out sooner than expected.
- Do keep the eye area clean. Avoiding proper hygiene can result in an eye infection whether wearing eyelash extensions or not.
- Try and sleep on your back to avoid crushing your extensions in the pillow.
- The golden rule for wearing eyelash extensions is the less you touch them the longer they will last. However, it is important to keep the eye area clean.
- Keep an eyelash comb handy to straighten out any loose, stray lashes. Comb them carefully and very gently only when needed.
- Do not pull on any loose extensions or you risk plucking out your natural eyelashes. Do not attempt to remove the lash extensions yourself; allow the extensions to fall off naturally or schedule an appointment to have them professionally removed.
- Maintain your lash extensions with regular touch-up appointments, please schedule in advance as availability can be limited.
Before Your Appointment
For Eyelash Extension, Brow Extension, Lash Lift and Tinting.
- Do not wear eye makeup. Makeup close to the eye area must be removed prior to the application process. Use a mild, oil-free cleanser. Do not use oil-based makeup removers.
- Do not apply face creams or sunblock in the eye area. The oil found in many moisturizers prevents eyelash adhesive from bonding to the natural eyelash and reduces the longevity of your eyelash extensions.
- Do not put on mascara. Removing mascara can be very time-consuming and any residual makeup will prevent proper application of the extensions and other eye enhancing services.
- Do not curl your lashes before your appointment. Extensions will not adhere to crimped eyelashes.
* Please Remove eye contact lenses before proceeding any eyelash services.
- Please silence your phone while the extensions are being applied. Talking in the treatment room is prohibited as the lash application requires precision. Feel free to listen to your own audio or take a nap and let the lash transformation begin.
- I do not perform refill services on work that was not done at Glamaria – NO EXCEPTIONS. If you currently have lash extensions on, it is required to book a removal service with your new set on your first visit. This is to avoid the risk of mixing different adhesives and different materials with extensions applied at other salons.
Appointments can be made online, by calling, or through text. We do not accept appointments by e-mail or social media. For any cancellations it must be made 24hours at the least prior to booked appointment.
Also please note that there will be an additional cost if you decide to upgrade your refills than to your set that was applied on your lashes.
Thank you. Maria